- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups skim or 1% milk
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray 8-by-8-inch baking dish with non-stick spray
- In a small bowl, stir together uncooked quinoa with cinnamon and ground flaxseed, making sure it is coated completely.
- our quinoa over bottom of prepared dish. Scatter the berries and nuts on top of quinoa, making sure to spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the milk honey and whisk together. Pour egg mixture on top of quinoa and fruit.
- Bake 1 hour or until the breakfast bake only has a small amount of liquid remaining. Serve warm.
Calories per serving: 214
Total Fat: 8.1g
Dietary Fibre: 5g
Sodium: 40mg (2% DV)