- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2-3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1-2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups cashew halves, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or substitute half with PB2)
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger (or replace with ground)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (omit or replace with tamari for gluten free)
- 2 tbsp honey (replace with agave for vegan)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Cook quinoa: put quinoa and 3 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until quinoa has absorbed all of the water and is soft and fluffy. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl to cool.
- Make dressing: combine peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- To the quinoa, add the cabbage, bell pepper, onion, carrots, cilantro, green onions, and cilantro. Squeeze with the juice of 1 fresh lime. Pour the dressing on top. Mix everything gently until well combined. Add extra cashews to the top for garnish.