- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5-6 sweet potatoes), peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (divided into ½ teaspoon)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Boil sweet potatoes over medium heat until tender; drain.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add the honey (or maple syrup), peper, vanilla, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and egg and whip with an electic mixer until desired consistency.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture in a casserole dish (lightly sprayed with oil).
- Mix the brown sugar, pecans and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle over the potatoes.- Bake until hot and beginning to brown around the edges, 35 to 40 minutes.
Servings: Approx 12
Calories per serving: 125
Total Fat: 4.0g
Dietary Fibre: 2.9g
Sodium: 36mg (2% DV)