- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can of low sodium corn, drained
- 1/3 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of allspice
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of black ground pepper
- Dash of salt
- Peel, chop and boil sweet potatoes until soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook beef, onion, carrots and mushrooms in a skillet until the beef is no longer pink and the carrots are soft. Mix in can of drained corn, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, 1/2 tsp black pepper and a dash of salt.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with the egg, coconut milk, dash of salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, until smooth.
- Spread the mashed sweet potatoes over the ground beef as evenly as possible in a baking dish.
- Bake the dish in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.
- Broil the dish for 8 minutes to give it a nice finish.
Serving size - 1/6 of the dish
Total Fat 8.4g
Sodium 102mg - 4%
Dietary Fiber 6.4g